Do you have any goals set in your life? Is it a work achievement? Or a family and a happy life, somewhere in 10-year span? Whatever your goal, whenever in life, goals are an important part of our lives.
Because without them, we would lose any sense of personal achievement. Good goals can make our lives better, but bad ones can make it even worse. Our goals and dreams should therefore be in line with what we want from life; if it’s family life and settling down, it can’t be the best career. And if it’s a career, everything else should be complementary.
Only few people really know how hard is it to combine career with family life. Life of travelling wanderer with settling down etc. Goals can make us prioritise our activities, so it`s easier to decide what to focus on in everyday life.
Your life goals should always be in line with what makes you satisfied and happy. I learnt my hardest lesson when I found out this is not my case. Or at least it wasn’t, until I changed my life.
My general goals
1. Help people in creative way
2. Travel a lot
3. Start a healthy lifestyle
5. Time for hobby
Because this is important:
1. Creating things, building ideas from scratch
2. Helping others, being helpful
3. Sense of belonging to the group with similar aims
4. Seeing new amazing stuff and places
5. Hobbies- singing, guitar, trees
6. Staying healthy and vital
Therefore I want:
1. Keep blogging
2. Start a healthy diet and jogging
3. Meet people who can be creative and helpful/bloggers
4. Buy a small house with a smaller garden where I can have my trees
5. Somehow make at least a part of my activities for money, so I can see new places and people
As a comparison, this is my “want” list from a year ago. Keep in mind that what was important for me didn’t change, neither did the goals in general.
A year ago I wanted:
1. To finish school and get a job in Brussels
2. Have a good salary so I can retire quickly (dream on)
3. Be accepted by family
4. Have a good car, house and somebody to love me
You probably know what went wrong. As a result, I had really long depression, which I’m still getting out of. But more importantly, I found out I don’t want that. That’s not me. So all i`m trying to do here is to warn you not to make same mistake as I did. These goals were the result of my family and society pushing on me with things like proper job, good education, big salary, family. Since these goals were not in line of my happiness, I ended up unhappy. Hopefully, things will change for me now 🙂